Samstag, 22. Februar 2020

K1-1320 - Cross-Stitching / Uniko-Intro Day 5-I

K1-1320 - Cross-Stitching
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Introducing the New Uniko February Release:
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Today we introduce the last two stamp sets of this release:


Happy Days
(£5)
Background Blocks Pinstripe II(£5)
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Yes, you've read correct: Pinstripe II
Both background blocks have almost the same size, the same stripes, so what's the difference? 

The direction of the stripes (on the rectangular block)!

When Beverley showed us the first sneak peeks of this new background stamp I had the idea in my mind to combine these two pinstripe stamps 
immediately!
But there are many more ideas - now I can combine either vertical or horizontal cards with both, vertical or horizontal stripes to create great backgrounds! :-)

I stamped both blocks  in a light grey. Was so easy to adjust them perfectly orthogonal on the cardbase.
Then I measured out to find the middle row (was too lazy to count them twice) and started my "cross-stitching" with a fine red marker.

I added row after row and some extra stitches until my heart had a perfect size and shape. 
Was happy I needn't to suture the ends of the "thread" cause I used it to write my little message and finished the card by adding a "needle" with a silver Gellyroll pencil.

I know, the stitching doesn't look "perfect", but it wouldn't be better when I would have used real thread! So it looks very realistic for me! ;-)
(I crafted and did fancywork my whole life in many different ways, but I never did cross-stitching!)

Hope you like this "faux fabric" technique! 
When you try it yourself, please send me a link to your project in the comments - I'm nosy, which pattern you sew and stitch!


K1-1320 - Cross-Stitching - Detail
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Entered in these Challenges: 
Creative Friday
Creative Friday #249 - Valentin / Herzen
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Uniko Studio
Used Materials:
Uniko Stamps: Stamps:  Background Blocks - Pinstripe I & II /

Colours & other stuff:
folded cardbase A6 - white /
Ranger: Distress Ink - pumic stone / Stampin'Up: Stampin'Write Marker - Savanne = Crumb cake (120967) / Stabilo: Marker - Point 88/19 (red) / Sakura: Gelly Roll metallic - silver /
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Hugs & greetings from Wiebke
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

16 Kommentare:

  1. Wow! When I first saw this I thought it was actually cross-stitched, it looks so realistic. Really amazing technique xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Such a gorgeous card! Love the way the love is spelled with the thread and needle

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wow what a creative mind you have - love this cross-stitched heart design - thanks for the ideas

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Such a clever use of these stamps to create the grid for your stitching!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Very creative with your faux fabric technique and cross stitching.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. What a great idea! So many interesting ideas on the hop that show how to stretch your stamps.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I've loved all of your cards from the new release, each one is so creative. Great job! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Love the cross-stitching. Clever idea.
    Great cards. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Love the grid pattern you made with the pinstripe design! Pretty card!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. toll!Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Klasse, Wiebke! Auf den ersten Blick sieht es wirklich aus wie gestickt. Viele Dank fürs Mitmachen bei Creative Friday.
    Liebe kreative Grüße, Silke

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Da muss man wirklich genau hinsehen, um den Unterschied zu erkennen. Ein schönes Motiv.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Super! Das sieht so echt aus! Danke fürs Zeigen bei Creative Friday, Kat

    AntwortenLöschen

Danke, dass du hier was schreibst! - Ich freu mich über jeden Kommentar! /
Thanks for writing a little note! - I'm happy about every comment!