Sonntag, 19. April 2020

K1-1348 - embossed daffodil -II- / Uniko Brand Ambassador Post

Like I mentioned in first post of today, I was inspired from
Jennifer McGuire who showed this technique on the first day of the current Online Card Class "Spring Card Camp".
K1-1348 - embossed daffodil

https://www.onlinecardclasses.com/springcardcamp/wp-content/uploads/sites/47/2020/04/SPRSCC2020-participant.png
This is an extra long class - started Saturday, April 11th and last until Thursday, April 30th, Wrap-Up day is Thursday, May 7th. 
On every one of the 20 days you get one video with intructions and tips to create two (different) cards in almost one working process.


Two embossed daffodils

Some more information about the technique you can find in post of my first card or in the post on the Uniko Blog.

Uniko Studio

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
The second card is made with an invers impression of the embossing panel.
I softly added some Distress Oxide inks with a blending tool. The colours outside of the expressed lines makes such a soft colour effect!

This card is very simple and a bit plain right now. When I know who will get it, I think I will add a banner or rectangle layer with the sentiment in the bottom third of the flower layer.

Probably with the Simply Said Blocks from Uniko in the colours of one of the two Oxide Ink colours I used for the flower.

K1-1348 - embossed daffodil - Detail
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Here you can jump to the first card I showed today.
K1-1347 - embossed daffodil - Detail
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
When you use an embossing powder what doesn't "want" to layer thick enough - don't give up! Use this first try, colour it as usual and make a card out of it.
And then make a second try of the layering with another embossing powder (and maybe another brand of paper).

My first one was clear powder from Ranger - and it stayed flat. Why? I still don't know!
The second try was with a white powder from efco (one of my oldest powders in the box) on a different paper. And this turned out great!
I will use it some more times to get impressions and then I will use it as "normal" embossed image on a card - so nothing is wasted! :-)
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Used Materials:
for the embossing panel:
Uniko Stamps: Stamps: Spring Botanicals /
Cardstock - white / Tsukineko: VersaMark Ink / efco: embossing powder - white /

Colours & other stuff:
Cardbase A6 - white / Watercolour paper (122959) /
Ranger: Distress Oxide Inks - fossilized amber, mowed lawn /
Kleberoller /
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Hugs & greetings from Wiebke
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
  Hope these cards inspire you to try this technique too!
Have a good time, stay at home and healthy and be creative! 
😀

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Danke, dass du hier was schreibst! - Ich freu mich über jeden Kommentar! /
Thanks for writing a little note! - I'm happy about every comment!