Montag, 24. März 2014

K1-170 - You are amazing!

Dry Embossing #4
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
K1-170 - You are amazing!
 :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Das war eigentlich mein erster Versuch, die Dry-Embossing-Technik von Julie Ebersole auszuprobieren. Was genau schief lief, kann ich jetzt gar nicht mehr genau sagen (vermutlich zu viel Druck), aber das Ergebnis war alles andere als so geplant!
Eigentlich wollte ich das missratene Stück Papier gleich wegwerfen, aber irgendwie fand ich es dann doch spannend... Das Muster vom Prägefolder ist nur an den Ringen und ganz am Rand sichtbar, die Ringe haben eine kuriose Doppellinie gestanzt, ...
Mich hat das Ganze erstaunt, womit auch die gestrige Weiter-Verarbeitung ein Stück weit erklärt ist.

This should be my first try of the Dry Embossing Technique, Julie Ebersole has shown in class.What exactly went wrong is difficult to explain now (I think it was too much pressure), but the result was totally different from what I had planed!
In fact, I wanted to throw this unsuccessful piece of paper into the trash immediatelly, but somehow it was also exciting for me... The pattern of the embossing folder was shown only on the edges of the paper and on the edge of the die-cut metal-plate, the rings cut a strange doubble-line, ...

Amazing! That explaines a little bit, why I finished the card this way yesterday.
 :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Days 9 &10
Textural Effects
*-*-*-*-*-*
Techniques & Teachers
Dry Embossing by Julie Ebersole & Laurie Willison
Embossing Paste by Debby Hughe & Joy Taylor
Embossing Powder by Stephanie Klauk & Pamela Ho
 :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
Verblüffte Grüße!
Amazed Greetings!
 :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

2 Kommentare:

  1. Such a unique design, those embossed circles look great! I found that I had to use 'no tabs' on my Big Shot, I think my plate would have broken otherwise, and even then it still felt tight but it seemed to work okay. Isn't it a fun course!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Therese, thanks for the compliment.
      Sometimes the unexpected things turn out to beautyful creations - without doing too much extra work.

      Löschen

Danke, dass du hier was schreibst! - Ich freu mich über jeden Kommentar! /
Thanks for writing a little note! - I'm happy about every comment!